Saturday, July 28, 2012

Twins and Laundry

A couple of weeks before the girls were born I set out to wash the girls clothes so I could have them put away before they arrived.  I was completely overwhelmed by the amount since there were two of everything so I called my mom for help. I was excited about how quickly we were able to get it sorted, washed and put away. However, there are a couple of things I might do different if I am blessed with more children. So here are a couple of tips:

  1. If you have a large amount of clothing, only launder and put away clothing up to 6-9 months and pack away the rest. It is likely those clothes will be for a different season anyway.
  2. Take pictures or pin together outfit pieces because once they are taken out of the dryer, chances are you have forgotten what pieces go together…especially if you have a lot of pink or blue outfits ;)

Now that the girls are older, I have a new issue with laundering their clothes….FOOD. I don’t know about you but I have the messiest baby toddlers when it comes to eating. Food is evil when it comes to clothes. It stains and if you just throw their clothes in the hamper and forget about them until laundry day, it can start to mold. I try to be good about treating their clothes when I take them off but my dear hubby doesn’t always remember to do this when he is doing a clothing change. So here’s what I do:

Twins and Laundry

Keeping a stain remover near their laundry basket is sure to remind us that we need to treat those stains right away (of course if your little ones are mobile and have access to their laundry basket, you’ll want to put the stain remover out of their reach). I also keep a bottle in their bathroom so when hubby does baths, he’ll remember to treat the stains as well.

I have a few items that I have run through the wash twice and still cannot get the stains out. Got any suggestions?

Also, how do you handle your child(ren)’s laundry? We’d love to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment